What is the Teal Pumpkin Project™?
Officially launched as a national campaign in the U.S. by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) in 2014, the Teal Pumpkin Project™ raises awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion of all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season.
Food Allergy Canada is proud to support the Teal Pumpkin Project™ campaign. Through this international initiative, families are encouraged to place a teal-coloured pumpkin in front of their home to show they have non-food treats available for children with food allergies and other kids for whom candy is not an option. Its aim is to create a safer and happier Halloween for all!
How can you participate?
Halloween can be a challenging time for children with food allergies and they need our support. Here are some fun ways you can participate:
- Paint your pumpkin teal and display it outside your home
- Provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters (stickers, glow sticks, playing cards etc.)
- Download and display a Teal Pumpkin™ poster in your window (See downloads below)
- Join 100,000 households and pledge to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project™ worldwide
- Tell your families and friends and ask them to join the campaign
- Host an allergy-friendly Halloween party and paint pumpkins with friends
- Add your address to the Teal Pumpkin Project™ map
Download your customized Teal Pumpkin Project™ posters
- “Non-food Treats Available Here” Sign
- “We Have Candy and Non-food Treats” Sign
- Flyer- hand out to your family/friends
Wishing you all a happy & safe Halloween!
Special Acknowledgement: The Teal Pumpkin Project™ was inspired by a local awareness activity run by the Food Allergy Community of East Tennessee (FACET).
TM– The TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT and the Teal Pumpkin Image are trademarks of Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE).
Stay up to date and in the loop on all allergy-related news and information! Join our free online Allergy Information Service
Cliquez ici pour l’article en français.