We know that many of you are upset with McDonald’s Canada and the recent introduction of their new overarching allergy statement that indicates all products on their menu “may contain or come into contact with peanuts, tree nuts, or other allergens”, timed with the launch of their SKOR McFlurry. We are, too.
Many of you have contacted us with your concerns and shared our messages widely with your own friends, family, and colleagues. Thank you for helping us to get the word out!
If you have not already done so, please take a few minutes to send a personal letter to John Betts, President & CEO, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Ltd. to tell him how these changes have affected you and your family. Your stories have impact.
What to include in your letter:
- Your name and contact information
- How you are affected by food allergies: Who has the allergy, age of child, what are they allergic to?
- What McDonald’s has meant to you and your family, i.e. why do you or did you go there? It would be good to tell them how often (in a month/year), how many people go/went with you?
- How do the recent changes affect you and your family? Will you continue to go to McDonald’s? Or, will you go elsewhere?
- If you’ve decided not to go to McDonald’s, would you consider going back if McDonald’s made changes and what would they be?
Here is the contact information for McDonald’s:
- By mail: Mr. John Betts, President & CEO, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Ltd., McDonald’s Place, Toronto, Ontario M3C 3L4
- By email: McDonald’s Online Form – Click “Social Responsibility” as the topic and insert your information and comments.
- By fax: 416-446-3376
- By phone: McDonald’s Guest Contact Centre at 1-888-424-4622 (8:30am – 8:30pm EST seven days a week)
And, please keep us in the loop by sending us a copy of your letter, too!
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, please use subject line “My letter to McDonald’s”.
- By fax: 416-785-0458
- By mail: Laurie Harada, Executive Director, Food Allergy Canada, 505 Consumers Rd., Suite 507, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4V8
Thank you! Together, we can show how big our community is and how loud our voice can be.