There’s a lot going on in this month for Food Allergy Awareness Month. You can attend exciting live events and support group meetings, register for our Teen Workshop (spots are limited!), take a survey that focuses on men with food allergies, and more!
Events in May – Food Allergy Awareness Month
We have many events confirmed for Food Allergy Awareness month. Below are a few of the highlights. Stay tuned for more events to be launched soon!
- Survey: Men with food allergies, we want to hear from you! We want to better understand the needs of men with food allergies and the support they may require. If you are an adult man (18+) with food allergies, please take 5 minutes to complete this survey. If you know a man with food allergies, please share this survey with them! The deadline for the survey is May 23, 2017. Please be assured that all your responses will remain anonymous and only aggregate data will be used. Take the survey now!
- Check out our site for details on other national events, including webinars, lighting of national monuments, community awards, and a thank you campaign for foodservice.
Events in Ontario
TOMORROW! Live Event: Celebrating Children with Allergies – Family Event
Hosted by Food Allergy Support Durham, this free event will feature a live concert by Kyle Dine, kids activities, door prizes, and giveaways. This is a food-free event.
- Who should attend: All are welcome, the focus will be on children with food allergy, and their families
- Date: Saturday May 6, 2017 from 9:45am-12pm
- Location: Glen St. Public School, 929 Glen Street, Oshawa, ON
- Register: Contact Adele at info@FASDurham.com
For more details on the event visit the FAS Durham webpage.
2017 Teen Workshop
May 28, 2017 – 2017 teen workshop in Toronto
Our annual teen workshop will feature a fun-filled morning with interactive presentations, lively discussions, and team-building activities led by our Youth Advisory Panel, followed by an afternoon trip to the Toronto Blue Jays Game where seats are reserved in the peanut/nut-reduced section.
Space is limited, register now to ensure you secure your spot. Learn more and register today!
Support group meetings in May
Support groups provide a warm and caring environment for you to get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk of anaphylaxis, or having a child who is at risk. Plus, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on any new developments in the food allergy community.
Check out the support group meetings happening this month!
Support group: Metro Vancouver Anaphylaxis Group
- Dates: Monday, May 29th from 7pm-9 pm and Tuesday, May 30th from 9:30am-11:30 am
- Location: Hastings Community Centre, 3096 East Hastings, Room 9 (downstairs) – there is the possibility for childcare at the daytime meeting on May 30th if there is interest.
- Speaker: Laura Bantock RN, Director, Western Region for Food Allergy Canada
- RSVP by May 11th or for more information contact: email@example.com
Support group: Food Allergy Support Durham
- Date: Sunday, May 28th from 7pm-9 pm
- Location: South Oshawa Community Centre
- Topic: Managing Food Allergies in the School
- For more information contact Adele: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support group: Sans Soucis – Rencontres de soutien et d’information sur les allergies (No Worries – Support and Information Meetings on Allergies)
- Date: Wednesday, May 24th from 7:30pm – 9:30 pm
- Location: Online at http://sanssoucis.ca/24-mai-2017-les-allergies-saisonnieres/
- Theme: Seasonal Allergies
- For more information contact Annie: email@example.com
Support group: Food Allergy Support Halifax
- Date: Sunday May 28 from 7pm-9pm
- Location: Sobey’s in Mill Cove (Community Room), Bedford NS
- RSVP: Contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org