Register for our many upcoming webinars, including one on November 23rd with our Ask the expert series contributor Linda Kriste. Linda is a Registered Dietitian who will speak about nourishing children with food allergy. You can also check out this month’s support group meetings.
- NEW! November 23: Nourishing children who have food allergies – presented by Linda Kirste, Registered Dietitian
Whether your child has one food allergy, or multiple food allergies, this webinar will provide you with a few strategies to help ensure your child gets the nutrients they need to grow and thrive. You’ll learn alternate food sources that contain key nutrients, menu/recipe strategies, and how to support healthy eating behaviours. There will also be time for questions after the presentation.
Register today for this very informative webinar. Please share with others who may benefit from this session. Upon registration, you will have an opportunity to submit your questions in advance of the webinar.
- Allergy Pals monthly webinars: Next session on November 26 on reading ingredient lists
Every month, kids with food allergies that are between the ages of 7-11 can participate in webinars that will cover key educational information on managing food allergies.
Each webinar will be led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies and where they will highlight a different topic each month, such as birthday parties, friends, school, and bullying. There will also be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation!
The one-hour sessions will be held on the last Sunday of every month at 7 pm EST, and unlike our traditional 8-week Allergy Pals program, there is no long-term commitment with Allergy Pals Monthly.
Register your child today for our November 26 webinar on managing food allergy and reading ingredient lists.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy: 2x/week (small-group), monthly (public webinar)
Attend one of our free webinars on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. Topics covered include the basics of food allergy, risk reduction, symptom recognition, and emergency management. There will also be time for questions afterwards.
These free webinars are a must for parents of children who have been recently diagnosed with a food allergy.
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week. Next sessions are November 6 and November 8.
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Saturday November 25.
Check out the support group meetings happening this month!
Support groups provide a warm and caring environment for you to get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk of anaphylaxis, or having a child who is at risk. Plus, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on any new developments in the food allergy community. Here are the support group meetings happening this month.
Check out our support group profile this month, where we speak to Charlene and Michele, the co-leaders of the Saskatoon Anaphylaxis Support Group (SASG).
Support group: Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group (TAEG)
- Date: Tuesday, November 21 from 7 pm – 9 pm EST
- Location: Edithvale Community Centre, 131 Finch Avenue West
- Topic: Travelling with allergies – a panel session
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support group: Food Allergy Support Halifax
- Date: Sunday, November 26 from 7 pm – 9 pm AST
- Location: Sobeys in Mill Cove, Bedford, NS
- RSVP: Contact Andrea: email@example.com
Visit our support group page to learn more about support groups, how to find one or set one up.