NEW! Register for our “Ask the allergist” webinar with Canadian allergist Dr. Julia Upton on December 4th where the content is determined by you, the participant. Register and send us your questions today!
Plus, participate in our other webinars for parents and kids this month, find out where this month’s support group meetings are being held and read about our support group leaders.
- NEW! December 4: Ask the allergist with Dr. Julia Upton
Join us for an informative webinar where Dr. Julia Upton will answer your questions about food allergies and anaphylaxis. You are invited to ask allergy-related questions from anything on allergy diagnostics (blood test, skin prick test, oral food challenges), allergy therapies, to introducing allergenic foods to infants, breastfeeding, how to treat reactions, and what’s new in research. You will have the opportunity to enter your top questions upon registration.
Details for this webinar:
- What is the webinar about: Get answers to your top food allergy and anaphylaxis questions – answered by a leading allergist!
- Who is presenting: Canadian allergist Dr. Julia Upton who is on staff at Toronto’s SickKids Hospital in the Immunology and Allergy Department. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto and is the Section Chair of Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis, Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CSACI).
- When is the webinar: Tuesday, December 4 from 12 pm to 1 pm EST.
- Who should attend: Parents, healthcare providers, and others who are interested in learning more about food allergies.
- Allergy Pals Monthly webinars for kids
Join us on November 25th to talk about managing food allergies and cross-contamination.
Have your 7-11-year-old kids participate in these webinars that cover key information about managing their food allergies.
Each webinar is led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies and there will also be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out one of our previous webinars:
Register your child for the November webinar where they will learn how to manage their food allergies and cross-contamination.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy
Attend one of our free webinars that provide fundamental information for managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. These webinars are primarily geared towards parents of children who have been recently diagnosed with a food allergy. They are also great for others who are interested in this topic, or would like a refresher.
What you’ll takeaway:
- What is food allergy and anaphylaxis
- How to avoid a reaction
- What are the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- What to do in an emergency
There will also be time for questions afterwards.
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Tuesday, November 20.
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week and are suited for parents of children with food allergy. Next session is Monday, November 5.*Past participants highly recommend these webinars and have noted they are much more confident in managing food allergies, preventing reactions, and treating reactions than before they attended.*
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Check out the support group meeting happening this month and read about our support group leaders across the country.
- Event: Anxiety workshop – presented by Rebecca Janke, MSW, a registered social worker
- Date: Saturday, November 17 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm PST
- Location: Meeting Room 2 at the Burnaby Lake Sports Complex West at 3677 Kensington Ave, Burnaby BC, near the Sprott exit of Highway 1.
- Ticket purchase: www.eventbrite.com/e/coping-with-anxiety-related-to-life-threatening-allergies-tickets-51057170371
- For more information, contact email@example.com
- Event: Q & A session with Dr. Andrea Fong
- Date: Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm CST
- Location: Multipurpose Room at the South Leisure Centre, 170 Sunset Drive, Regina
- To RSVP or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To connect with one of our other support groups, visit our support group page. If there isn’t one in your community, we’ll help you get one started.