Host your own allergy-friendly food drive which helps others and educates about food allergies at the same time. Plus, reach out to a support group in your area for tips and advice on managing food allergies over the holidays, and be sure to sign-up for one of our free webinars for parents and kids this month.
Tis the season for helping others: Start an allergy-friendly food drive
Start your own allergy-friendly food drive! Schools, organizations, and individuals across Canada are invited to collect allergy-friendly food in an effort to educate and raise awareness about food allergies and anaphylaxis. Food collected can be donated to local food banks, seniors centres, community centres, and other charitable organizations accepting food donations.
Accept the 10-day challenge and designate each day of the challenge to one of the top priority food allergens. Ask participants to bring in a product that does NOT contain that allergen.
Have you participated in the allergy-friendly food drive? We want to hear your story! Contact us at email@example.com.
Upcoming event on March 2-3, 2019: The Free From & Allergy Friendly Expo
The Free From & Allergy Friendly Expo is Canada’s largest consumer celebration of ‘free from’ food, drink and lifestyle products. The expo will be held on March 2-3, 2019 in Toronto.
At the expo, you’ll find brand new choices for delicious food and drinks, natural skin care, ground-breaking home products and health solutions.
- 150+ exhibitors
- A celebrity chef kitchen
- Kids zone
- Free swag bags
- Shop and save on hundreds of products
- Beauty lounge
- Sample delicious allergy-friendly products
- Free parking
Food Allergy Canada will be at the conference!
- Stop by our booth for free resources and information – we’d love to meet you!
- Be sure to attend our session on food labelling, you’ll hear what’s underway to ensure that consumers affected by food allergy can make informed choices through improved labelling.
Visit freefromexpo.ca to register. Food Allergy Canada members get 15% off online admission tickets, use the discount code FACANADA15.
To connect with one of our support groups, visit our support group page. If there isn’t one in your community, we’ll help you get one started.
- Allergy Pals Monthly for kids: Holidays with allergies
Join us on December 16th from 7 -8 pm EST to talk about managing food allergies during the holidays.
Have your 7-11-year-old kids participate in our free Allergy Pals Monthly webinars, which cover key information about managing food allergies.
Each webinar is led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies and there will be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out one of our previous webinars:
Register your child for the December webinar where they will learn how to manage their food allergies during the holidays.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy
Attend one of our free webinars that provide fundamental information for managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. These webinars are primarily geared towards parents of children who have been recently diagnosed with a food allergy. They are also great for others who are interested in this topic, or would like a refresher.
What you’ll takeaway:
- What is food allergy and anaphylaxis
- How to avoid a reaction
- What are the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- What to do in an emergency
There will also be time for questions afterwards.
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Thursday, December 13.
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week and are suited for parents of children with food allergy. Next session is Saturday, December 8.
*Past participants highly recommend these webinars and have noted they are much more confident in managing food allergies, preventing reactions, and treating reactions than before they attended.*
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!