Participate in our many webinars offered this month, and be sure to check out the support group meetings happening in March and April. Plus, tell us what you want to see at our 2020 community conference!
2020 community conference: help us make this the best conference ever!
We’re excited to announce that we will be having a community conference next year to showcase the latest research and news around food allergy! We are planning on having a variety of speakers and sessions and want to know what you would like to see at the conference, which sessions or topics are you the most interested in, what are you hoping to learn, and anything else you want to share with us! We welcome your thoughts and appreciate the help.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and ideas!
Webinar: Managing food allergy and anaphylaxis
Attend one of our free webinars that provide fundamental information for managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. These webinars are primarily geared towards parents of children who have been recently diagnosed with a food allergy.
What you’ll takeaway:
- What is food allergy and anaphylaxis
- How to avoid a reaction
- What are the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- What to do in an emergency
Currently, we are offering 90-minute small group webinars (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. Next sessions are March 19 and April 6.
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Allergy Pals Monthly for kids: Raising food allergy awareness
Join us on March 31st from 7-8 pm EST to talk about how to raise food allergy awareness.
Have your 7-11-year-old kids participate in our free Allergy Pals Monthly webinars, which cover key information about managing food allergies.
Each webinar is led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies and there will be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out one of our previous webinars:
Register your child for the March webinar where they will learn how to raise food allergy awareness.
Learn about our support groups across Canada and join!
Support groups provide a warm and caring environment for you to get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk of anaphylaxis or having a child who is at risk. Plus, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on any new developments in the food allergy community.
Read about our support group leaders from across the country and check out the support group meetings this month:
- Topic: Managing food allergies, the challenges, and celebrating the triumphs
- Date: Friday, March 8, 2019 from 6:30 pm to 8 pm EDT
- Location: PenFinancial Credit Union Community Room (295 Fourth Avenue St. Catharines)
- RSVP: Pam at email@example.com
- Topic: Research Update and Ask the Allergist with Dr. D. Mack
- Date: Monday, April 1, 2019 from 7 pm to 9 pm EDT
- Location: Edithvale Community Centre, 131 Finch Avenue West, Toronto, ON
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Topic: Ask the Allergist with Dr. Simon Hotte, Pediatric Allergist, The Ottawa Hospital
- Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019 from 7 pm to 9 pm EDT
- Location: 29 Van Lang Private, Westborough, Ottawa, ON
- RSVP: Stephanie Lore at email@example.com
To connect with one of our other support groups, visit our support group page. If there isn’t one in your community, we’ll help you get one started.