- This event has passed.
Webinar: New webinar for healthcare professionals: Early introduction of allergens and food allergy prevention
June 20, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Join us for our free webinar on the Canadian Paediatric Society’s updated recommendations on the early introduction of allergenic foods for high-risk infants, presented by one of the co-authors of this new guidance.
Our webinar will cover the updated guidance on early introduction of allergenic foods, including age of introduction of peanut, egg, milk, and more for infants at high risk, and how to discuss this guidance with families; followed by a Q&A where you can ask questions.
You will learn:
- What contributes to the development of food allergy
- Which infants are considered at high-risk for food allergy
- What is the research that supports introducing allergenic foods early
- What are practical ways to feed these foods to infants
- How to discuss early introduction of allergenic foods with families/patients
- Who is presenting: Canadian pediatric allergist Dr. Edmond Chan who is a UBC Clinical Associate Professor and Head of the Division of Allergy & Immunology in the Department of Pediatrics at BC Children’s Hospital; and a co-author of the newly released Canadian Paediatric Society practice point on the introduction of allergenic foods.
- When is the webinar: Thursday, June 20, 2019 from 2-3 pm EDT
- Who should attend: Healthcare professionals. A certificate of attendance will be provided shortly after the webinar, please note, this is not a CME-accredited session.
If you are a parent/caregiver, we recently did a webinar on this topic specifically for you! Please visit foodallergycanada.ca/webinars to watch it.
Register now, and please share with colleagues who may benefit from the session. At registration, you will have an opportunity to submit your questions in advance of the webinar.