Registration is now open (until April 27th) for the next session of Allergy Pals/Allies. This program has received outstanding feedback from past participants. Be sure to check it out!
Plus, register for one of our free webinars to learn the basics of managing food allergy and anaphylaxis, and register your child for this month’s Allergy Pals Monthly webinar on raising awareness of food allergies.
Also, find out where our support group meetings are being held this month and attend an upcoming meeting.
- Allergy Pals 8-week program
Register by April 27, 2018: Next session runs from April 28 to June 16
Have your child connect with other children with food allergies, learn strategies for managing food allergies, and feel more confident managing food allergies. With our Allergy Pals and Allergy Allies online peer mentorship program, your child will participate in eight weekly one-hour online support sessions.
There are two sessions offered: Allergy Pals – Ages 7-11, Allergy Allies – Ages 12-15. Once registered, your child will be placed into a group on a day/time convenient for your family. The groups are led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies, under the guidance of a youth program coordinator.
Register your child today for the 8-week online mentorship program. Watch the video below to learn about the impact this program makes!
- Allergy Pals Monthly webinars
Next session is April 29 on raising awareness of food allergy
Every month, kids with food allergies who are between the ages of 7-11 can participate in webinars that will cover key information on managing food allergies.
Each webinar is led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies and there will also be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out the previous webinars.
Register your child today for our April webinar.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy
Attend one of our free webinars on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. Topics covered include the basics of food allergy, risk reduction, symptom recognition, and emergency management. There will also be time for questions afterwards.
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Friday, April 13.
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week. Next session is tomorrow, Saturday, April 7.
Check out this month’s support group meetings!
Support groups provide a warm, caring environment for you to share your concerns. You’ll get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk for anaphylaxis, or having a child who is at risk. It can be helpful to talk with others who understand what you’re going through. Plus, you will keep updated on any new developments.
Get to know our support group leaders by reading about Adele, as she tells us about her experiences leading Food Allergy Support Durham.
Below you will find the support group meetings happening this month.
Children with Food Allergies Alberta
- Date: Wednesday, April 11 from 7 pm – 9 pm MDT
- Location: BriarPatch Preschool, 100a – 50 Brentwood Blvd, Sherwood Park
- RSVP: Catherine or Karen at email@example.com
Dresden Area Allergy Support
- Date: Monday, April 9 from 6 pm EDT
- Location: Dresden Sidestreet Youth Center
- RSVP: Contact Jillian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group (TAEG)
- Date: Tuesday, April 17 from 7 pm – 9 pm EDT
- Location: Edithvale Community Centre, 131 Finch Avenue West, Toronto
- Topic: Research update and ask the allergist with Dr. Julia Upton of SickKids
- RSVP: Register online at taeg.ca
To connect with one of our other support groups, visit our support group page. If there isn’t one in your community, we’ll help you get one started.Tags: Allergy Pals, Events, support group meetings, webinars