Find out where this month’s support group meetings are being held, register your child for the February Allergy Pals Monthly webinar, and check out our other upcoming webinars to learn the basics of managing food allergy and anaphylaxis.
Check out the support group meetings happening this month!
Support groups provide a warm, caring environment for you to share your concerns. You’ll get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk for anaphylaxis, or having a child who is at risk. Plus, you will keep updated on any new developments. It can be helpful to talk with others who understand what you’re going through.
Below you will find the support group meetings happening this month. You can also read about Sarah Nicholl, the co-leader of the Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group, and learn about her journey.
Food Allergy Support Halifax
- Date: Monday, February 26 from 7 pm – 9 pm AST
- Location: Sobeys Mill Cove (Community Room), Bedford
- RSVP: Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Allergies Sans Soucis (French)
- Date: Thursday, February 22 from 7 pm – 9 pm EST
- Location: 620 Boulevard Ste-Foy, Longueuil
- RSVP: Allergies Sans Soucis’ Facebook event page or email@example.com
- Allergy Pals Monthly webinars: Next session on February 25 on managing food allergies while travelling
Every month, kids with food allergies that are between the ages of 7-11 can participate in webinars that will cover key educational information on managing food allergies.
Each webinar will be led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies, there will also be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out the previous webinars.
Register your child today our February webinar on managing food allergy while travelling – which many of you may be doing for the upcoming March break.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy
Attend one of our free webinars on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. Topics covered include the basics of food allergy, risk reduction, symptom recognition, and emergency management. There will also be time for questions afterwards.
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Sunday, March 4.
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week. Next session is Wednesday, February 14.