Register your child for the upcoming 8-week winter session of Allergy Pals/Allies, you can also register your child for the January Allergy Pals Monthly webinar. Watch our video on what Allergy Pals/Allies is all about.
Check out our other upcoming webinars to learn the basics of managing food allergy and anaphylaxis, and find out where this month’s support group meetings are being held.
- Allergy Pals 8-week program: Next session runs from January 27 to March 17
This program includes eight weekly one-hour online support sessions on GoToMeeting. There are two sessions offered, broken out by age of the children with food allergies: Allergy Pals – Ages 7-11, Allergy Allies – Ages 12-15.
Watch this video to learn more about the program.
Once registered, your child will be placed into a group on a day/time convenient for your family. The groups are led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies, under the guidance of a youth program coordinator.
Register your child today for the 8-week online mentorship program.
- Allergy Pals Monthly webinars: Next session on January 28 on managing Valentine’s Day with food allergy
Every month, kids with food allergies that are between the ages of 7-11 can participate in webinars that will cover key educational information on managing food allergies.
Each webinar will be led by a trained peer mentor with food allergies, there will also be plenty of interactive games and activities that will have your child glued to the presentation! Check out the previous webinars.
Register your child today for our January webinar on managing food allergy during Valentine’s Day.
- Webinars on the foundation in food allergy
Attend one of our free webinars on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis. Topics covered include the basics of food allergy, risk reduction, symptom recognition, and emergency management. There will also be time for questions afterwards.
If you have already attended one of these webinars, please help us spread the word so others can also benefit. Please share!
Two formats are offered, click on the links below to learn more and register:
- 60-minute webinar that is offered monthly: Next session is Sunday February 4.
- 90-minute small group webinar (up to 4 participants) to allow for more interaction. The small group webinars are offered 2x/week. Next session is Wednesday January 17.
Check out the support group meetings happening this month!
Support groups provide a warm and caring environment for you to get help in dealing with the day-to-day stress of being at risk of anaphylaxis, or having a child who is at risk. Plus, it’s a great way to keep up-to-date on any new developments in the food allergy community. Below you will find a listing of the support group meetings happening this month.
Check out our support group profile this month, where we speak to Stephanie Lore, the support group leader of the Ottawa Anaphylaxis Support Group (OASG).
NEW Support Group: Children with Food Allergies Alberta – Education and Support Group
- Date: Thursday, January 25 from 7 pm – 9 pm MST
- Location: TBD, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Topic/Speaker: Brandi Gruninger, registered psychologist, will speak about stress and anxiety in children related to allergies
- RSVP: Catherine or Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook
Support group: Toronto Anaphylaxis Education Group (TAEG)
- Date: Tuesday, January 30 from 7 pm – 9 pm EST
- Location: Edithvale Community Centre, 131 Finch Avenue West
- Topic: Healthy eating and substitutes with allergies
- RSVP: email@example.com