- An allergic reaction to an insect sting can be life-threatening.
- Insect allergy can develop at any age in life.
- If you have been diagnosed with an insect allergy, always carry your auto-injector.
- Hire a professional to remove insect hives and nests near your home.
- Avoid perfumes or shampoos with a fruity or floral scent.
- Check inside beverage can or glass before drinking when outdoors.
- Cover food containers and trash cans tightly.
- Wear shoes when walking outside.
- Keep your windows closed when driving.
- Carry your auto-injector at all times and wear medical identification jewelry (such as a MedicAlert® bracelet).