Follow these tips on engaging with your MP
- Share your story with them about how food allergy impacts you, your family, and the community around you, like schools, work, friends.
- Ask if they have a personal connection to food allergy.
- Educate them and share our one-page food allergy facts sheet, or direct them to foodallergycanada.ca to learn more.
- Let them know that food allergy has been overlooked as a serious medical condition for too long and it’s time that the federal government gave this medical condition the attention it deserves.
- Tell them about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, that was launched by Food Allergy Canada and the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CSACI). The Plan outlines a comprehensive approach to reducing the impact of food allergy and improving the quality of life for the more than 2.6 million Canadians, including yourself, living with this medical condition.
- Ask them to commit to supporting the National Food Allergy Action Plan, and our 2020 pre-budget submission.
- If an MP wants to speak to you further and learn more about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, we would be happy to join you in a call. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out the letter template for additional talking points.
For any questions you may have on the National Food Allergy Action Plan, contact us at email@example.com, or call 1 866 785-5660.