Follow these tips on writing a personalized letter to your MP
- Share your story with them about how food allergy impacts you, your family, and the community around you, like schools, work, friends.
- Ask if they have a personal connection to food allergy.
- Educate them and attach our one-page food allergy facts sheet, or direct them to foodallergycanada.ca to learn more.
- Let them know that food allergy has been overlooked as a serious medical condition for too long and it’s time that the federal government gave this medical condition the attention it deserves.
- Ask them to support the 2021 budget submission.
- Tell them about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, that was launched by Food Allergy Canada and the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology earlier this year. The Plan outlines a comprehensive approach to reducing the impact of food allergy and improving the quality of life for the more than 3 million Canadians, including yourself, living with this medical condition.
- If an MP wants to speak with you further about the 2021 budget submission or the National Food Allergy Action Plan, we would be happy to join you in a call. Let us know at email@example.com.
- Download the email/letter template below that you can personalize.
For any questions you may have on the National Food Allergy Action Plan, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1 866 785-5660.