We understand food allergies and we’re here to help you.
We deliver critical information which anyone impacted by food allergy needs to know, innovative educational programs to keep you and others informed about the latest developments, and life-changing support services to Canadians with food allergies.
We advocate on your behalf to create transformational change.
We have worked tirelessly on behalf of millions of Canadians at risk for anaphylaxis. While there are many examples, we are especially proud of these major achievements:
- We helped make food labels easier to understand
- We ushered in groundbreaking legislation to protect students at risk of anaphylaxis
- We helped to secure a second supplier of epinephrine auto-injectors during a crucial shortage period
There is still much to do! We will not stop working on your behalf to improve the quality of life for the food allergy community. We continue our efforts to create change by:
- Advocating for a minimum of two suppliers of epinephrine auto-injectors in the Canadian market
- Increasing allergy awareness on campus and in foodservice
- Advocating for change in the foodservice sector so you can eat out safely
- Educating the general public about the seriousness of food allergy
- Addressing food allergen labelling gaps, particularly with “may contain” statements
- Providing healthcare professionals with tools to better support you, their patients
- Keeping you educated and informed about what’s happening in the world of food allergy
- Supporting youth so they can confidently manage their condition
Our organization was officially founded in 2001, with the merging of two groups: The Anaphylaxis Network of Canada and The Anaphylaxis Foundation of Canada. From 2001-2015, we operated under the name Anaphylaxis Canada.
In 2015, we changed our name to Food Allergy Canada with a renewed focus on helping Canadians with food allergies live more confidently.
Meet the team
Learn more about Food Allergy Canada, who we are, the healthcare advisory board, and our board of directors.