Sanofi-aventis Canada Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of all Allerject® products, including both the 0.15 mg/0.15 mL and 0.3 mg/0.3mL strengths for hospitals, retailers and consumers.
Please tweet, post and share this information with friends, family, school and anyone else who may need to know.
Recall information from Health Canada:
Recommendations from Health Canada:
- Contact your pharmacy to arrange returning your Allerject® device and to obtain a replacement epinephrine auto-injector with the same dose.
- Consult your pharmacist to ensure you understand how to properly use the replacement auto-injector.
- In the event a life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) occurs before you can obtain a replacement auto injector, use your Allerject® device as directed by your healthcare provider, and then seek emergency medical attention.
- Speak with your healthcare professional if you are concerned about your health or your child’s health.
- Report any adverse events to Health Canada.