We are committed to providing you with support and services during this ever-changing time, helping you to manage your food allergy so you can focus on keeping your family safe from COVID-19.
You can now register for a host of new online webinars, Facebook Live events, online mentorship programs, and more for both you and your children!
Plus, take a moment to read and share a letter calling on the federal government to support charities like ours during the COVID-19 crisis.
See below for more details and share with others!
Stay educated, safe, and healthy.
Wednesday, April 15: Create a better future webinar series: Future outlook of therapies with Dr. Cecilia Berin
Join us for our first webinar in our “Creating a better future” series! There will also be time for questions at the end.
Here are the details:
- What is the webinar about: The future outlook of therapies that are under study beyond immunotherapy. Dr. Berin will provide her expert insight on current food allergy research and the science behind it.
- Who is presenting: Dr. Ceclia Berin who is a Professor of Pediatrics and the Deputy Director of the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, her research is focused on understanding immune mechanisms of allergy and tolerance to foods.
- When is the webinar: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 12pm-1pm EDT
- Who should attend: Anyone interested in learning more about food allergy.
Register today, and please share with others who may benefit from the session! At registration, you will have an opportunity to submit your questions in advance of the webinar.
Tuesday, March 31: Facebook Live for kids ages 3-10 – Food Allergy Education virtual show with Kyle Dine
Join us on Tuesday, March 31 from 9am-9:30am EDT for our first Facebook LIVE event hosted by food allergy educator and musician Kyle Dine (who also leads our youth programming)!
Kyle will present his “Food Allergy Education” virtual show geared towards kids ages 3-10. The show will be engaging, educational and fun for kids at home!
Plus, Kyle’s 4-year-old daughter Zora will be joining him as a special assistant, and will be leading the “hand washing” song.
What kids will learn:
- Information about the common allergens
- Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- What is medical identification
- Allergic reactions and treatment with epinephrine
- Washing hands
- Not sharing food
- Looking on the bright side and being empowered over food allergy
Let’s keep food allergy education going! Please RSVP to reserve your spot and share with others.
To learn more about Kyle, visit kyledine.com.
Wednesdays at 9am EDT: Virtual show for kids ages 3-10 – Staying Safe, Staying Positive virtual show with Kyle Dine
Join Kyle on Wednesday’s from 9am-9:30am EDT for a free and fun virtual show to help kids keep a healthy body and mind during COVID-19.
Together with his 4-year-old daughter, Kyle will be using music, puppets and interactive games to promote ways to stay positive with fun ways to make the most of the current situation.
What kids will take away from the show:
- It’s okay to feel down during tough times
- What are the things that make us feel better?
- The importance of connecting with others
- Using “home time” to your advantage
- Reminders and strategies for current safety tips
Reserve your child’s spot today! The next show is Wednesday, April 1st.
April-June: Allergy Pals/Allies online mentorship program for kids ages 7-15
Register your child for the free 8-week Allergy Pals/Allies online mentorship program so they can:
- Build a support network by connecting with other children who have food allergy
- Learn strategies for managing their food allergy
- Feel more confident managing their food allergy
Watch this short video to learn all about this program. An Allergy Pals participant, a parent, and a mentor all share their perspectives on how this program makes a big impact.
The program is free, full of interaction, and has received outstanding feedback from previous participants.
Tuesday, March 31 and Saturday, April 4: Foundation in Food Allergy small group webinars on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis
Do you have questions on managing food allergy and anaphylaxis? Get your questions answered while connecting with others from your own home!
These sessions are geared towards parents of children who have been recently diagnosed with food allergy.
You’ll learn about the basics of food allergy, risk reduction, symptom recognition, and emergency management. Plus, you will also learn a few tips on how to live confidently with food allergy. There will also be time for questions afterwards.
We have extended the number of participants that can attend these sessions during this time.
If you have already attended a session, please let others know so they can also benefit from one. Please share!
Coming soon: Cooking video series with Amanda Orlando
We’re launching a video series with Amanda Orlando who will share amazing recipes on how to cook without common food allergens.
Amanda is a blogger at Everyday Allergen Free and the author of the inclusive cookbook, Everyone’s Welcome. Learn more about Amanda in our interview.
Stay tuned for the videos coming soon! Subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you don’t miss it.
Help Canadian charities like us survive the COVID crisis
We have joined over 200 of Canada’s leading charities to call on the Federal Government for emergency support to face the COVID-19 crisis.
Read the letter and help us spread the word on social media with the hashtag #HelpTheHelpers.
Remember, we’re here for you. Please reach out if you need any support on managing food allergy during this time. Check out the different supports and services we have for you and your family.Tags: Creating a better future, Dr. Cecilia Berin, Kyle Dine, Small group webinars, webinars, webinars for kids