This idea has been gaining momentum in communities across North America! The idea is to have a community gather with their cars in a parking lot where kids can dress up in their costumes and go “trunk-or-treat” – they go car to car and adults hand out allergy-friendly treats and toys from the trunks of their car. You can also decorate your cars for the event to make it more festive.
What you need:
- A big parking lot/field to host the event. Ask churches, schools, community centres if they are willing to provide the space
- Trinkets and allergy-friendly treats – provide a list of safe snacks, or where to buy trinkets to everyone participating
- You can have a teal theme, where everyone decorates their car in teal for instance
- Ask everyone for a minimum donation to support food allergy awareness, you can have a teal bucket at each car for donations, or have a suggested donation to attend the event. You can also have them donate directly to our donate page.
- You can set-up a fundraising page if you prefer online donations.
- For cash donations, you can gather the funds and then send us a cheque.
- Donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt, our CRA Charity Registration Number is 88720 8676 RR0001.
Have a few activities on hand to keep the momentum going, from a dance contest, to crafts, check out a few you can download.
For any questions you may have on our #ShineATealLight campaign, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1 866 785-5660.