Purchase teal lights
Get a teal lightbulb
- Replace your porch light with a teal bulb.
- You can find smart LED multi-colour bulbs from Canadian manufacturer Globe Electric. Simply choose the colour teal as your colour option.
- Find these Globe Electric bulbs at various retailers like:
- Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on how to set-up your Globe Electric smart bulb.
- For additional support, please contact Globe Electric at 1 888 543-1388.
Globe Electric has been instrumental in our #ShineATealLight campaign.
They have changed their teal option to be our Food Allergy Canada teal colour and they are notifying their smart bulb subscribers about #ShineATealLight and encouraging them to change their bulb colour to teal on Halloween to support kids with food allergy.
Other sources of teal light you can purchase
- Decorate the front of your house with a string of teal Christmas lights. You can find teal lights online or in store at retailers like Amazon.ca, Walmart, Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire.
- Put up teal-coloured paper lanterns, you can get some online or in store at Amazon.ca, Walmart, etc. Or you can make your own – check out our DIY section below to learn how!
- Decorate with teal glow sticks and wear them too. You can find teal glow sticks with online retailers like Amazon.ca, or various dollar stores.
DIY – make crafts with teal lights
- Be creative with teal film and tissue paper! Place a teal-coloured tissue paper on top of a lantern.
- Create your own paper lantern to fit over top of your front porch light – check out the DIY paper lantern ideas and instructions below.
- You could paint the outside of a glass lantern to be teal.
- Ask your kids to create a teal light and see what innovative ideas they come up with!
DIY paper lantern ideas
Click on the images below for instructions.
For any questions you may have on our #ShineATealLight campaign, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1 866 785-5660.