- This event has passed.
Webinar: COVID-19 vaccines and food allergy: Get the facts
February 4, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Update: Watch the webinar recording here.
As the COVID-19 vaccines have started to rollout in Canada, you may have questions and concerns around the vaccines and the impacts to those with food allergy.
There has been a lot of conflicting information in the media around the COVID-19 vaccines. Join us to hear from experts to get credible and informative answers to your questions, and to learn more about the vaccine options.
Sign up for our webinar on Thursday, February 4th, 2021 to get the facts on the COVID-19 vaccines from a panel of experts!
Here are the details:
What the webinar is about: Get the facts on the COVID-19 vaccines and the impacts to those with food allergy. A panel of experts will answer your questions on:
- How vaccines work
- What the process is for ensuring the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines
- What the likelihood is of having an adverse reaction to the vaccines and what the severity of the reactions may be
- What allergists recommend on the suitability of the vaccines for those with food allergy, and more!
Who is presenting: This webinar will be moderated by Jennifer Gerdts, Executive Director, Food Allergy Canada and will feature the following experts:
- Dr. Megan Bettle: Dr. Bettle has conducted research in molecular biology and the genetics of rare diseases. She joined Health Canada in 2005 as a drug safety reviewer. Since then, she has taken on a number of roles in drug review and safety, cannabis policy, and tobacco and illicit drugs surveillance. Recent positions in the Health Products and Food Branch of Health Canada have focused on developing strategies to improve access to medicines. She is currently the Director General of the COVID-19 Regulatory Response Team for the Health Products and Food Branch.
- Dr. Zain Chagla: Dr. Chagla specializes in infectious diseases, internal medicine, and tropical medicine. He is a Consultant Physician at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Hamilton Health Sciences in Ontario, Associate Professor of Medicine at McMaster University, and adjunct faculty at the University of Namibia in the Department of Medicine.
- Dr. Elissa Abrams: Dr. Abrams is a Canadian allergist, Chair of the Anaphylaxis and Food Allergy Section of the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology; and President of the Allergy Section of the Canadian Paediatric Society. She is also an Assistant Professor in the Department of Paediatrics, Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at the University of Manitoba and is a member of the Healthcare Advisory Board for Food Allergy Canada.
When is the webinar: Thursday, February 4, 2021 from 2pm-3pm EST
Don’t miss out on this informative session! Register today, and please share with others who may benefit from the session. At registration, you can submit your questions in advance of the webinar.