Update: Watch the webinar recording here.
What the webinar is about: Get your questions answered on the approved COVID-19 vaccines, how to navigate the different options and what to consider when you have food allergy. This is the second webinar in our COVID-19 vaccines series and will provide the most up-to-date answers on the current issues.
Hear from a panel of experts as they answer your questions on:
- What vaccines are approved and recommended in Canada
- Recommendations on the vaccines for those managing allergies and at risk of anaphylaxis
- What the likelihood is of having an adverse reaction to the various approved vaccines and what the severity of the reactions may be
- What the current perspective is on the duration between the 1st and 2nd dose and on mixing vaccines (getting one vaccine for your first dose and getting a different vaccine for your second dose)
- What the recommendations are from the allergists on the suitability of each of the approved the vaccines for those with food allergy, and more!
Dr. Megan Bettle, Dr. Zain Chagla, and Dr. Harold Kim
Who is presenting: This webinar will be moderated by Jennifer Gerdts, Executive Director, Food Allergy Canada and will feature the following experts:
- Dr. Megan Bettle: Dr. Bettle has conducted research in molecular biology and the genetics of rare diseases. She joined Health Canada in 2005 as a drug safety reviewer. Since then, she has taken on a number of roles in drug review and safety, cannabis policy, and tobacco and illicit drugs surveillance. Recent positions in the Health Products and Food Branch of Health Canada have focused on developing strategies to improve access to medicines. She is currently the Director General of the COVID-19 Regulatory Response Team for the Health Products and Food Branch, Director, Centre for Regulatory Excellence, Health Canada
- Dr. Zain Chagla: Dr. Chagla specializes in infectious diseases, internal medicine, and tropical medicine. He is a Consultant Physician at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Hamilton Health Sciences in Ontario, Associate Professor of Medicine at McMaster University, and adjunct faculty at the University of Namibia in the Department of Medicine.
- Dr. Harold Kim: Dr. Kim is an allergist, Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Ontario and Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University. He is the Past President of the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CSACI) and current co-lead of the National Food Allergy Action Plan. He is an expert involved in a peer-reviewed article on the topics of COVID-19 and allergy. He also contributed to the CSACI statement on COVID-19 vaccination.
When is the webinar: Tuesday May 11, 2021 from 12pm-12:45pm EDT
Don’t miss out on this informative session! Register today, and please share with others who may benefit from the session. At registration, you can submit your questions in advance of the webinar.