What is the Teal Pumpkin Project®?
Officially launched as a national campaign in the U.S. by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) in 2014, the Teal Pumpkin Project® raises awareness of food allergies and promotes inclusion of all trick-or-treaters throughout the Halloween season.
Food Allergy Canada is proud to support the Teal Pumpkin Project® campaign. Through this international initiative, families are encouraged to place a teal-coloured pumpkin in front of their home to show they have non-food treats available for children with food allergies and other kids for whom candy is not an option. Its aim is to create a safer and happier Halloween for all!
How can you participate?
Halloween can be a challenging time for children with food allergies and they need our support. Here are some fun ways you can participate:
- Paint your pumpkin teal and display it outside your home
- Provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters (stickers, glow sticks, playing cards etc.)
- Download and display a Teal Pumpkin® poster in your window (See downloads below)
- Tell your families and friends and ask them to join the campaign
- Host an allergy-friendly Halloween party and paint pumpkins with friends
Download your customized Teal Pumpkin Project® posters
- “Non-food Treats Available Here” Sign
- “We Have Candy and Non-food Treats” Sign
- Flyer- hand out to your family/friends
Wishing you all a happy & safe Halloween!
Special Acknowledgement: The Teal Pumpkin Project® was inspired by a local awareness activity run by the Food Allergy Community of East Tennessee (FACET).
The TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT® and the Teal Pumpkin Project® logo are registered trademarks of Food Allergy Research Education. Used with permission. Food Allergy Research & Education, 2016
Stay up to date on all allergy-related news and information! Join our free online Allergy Information Service
Cliquez ici pour l’article en français.Tags: Halloween, Teal Pumpkin Project