Follow these tips on engaging with your federal candidates virtually
- Share your story with them about how food allergy impacts you, your family, and the community around you, like schools, work, friends.
- Ask if they have a personal connection to food allergy.
- Educate them and share our one-page food allergy facts sheet or direct them to foodallergycanada.ca to learn more.
- Let them know that food allergy has been overlooked as a serious medical condition for too long and it’s time that the federal government gave this medical condition the attention it deserves.
- Tell them about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, created by Food Allergy Canada and the Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. The Plan outlines a comprehensive approach to reducing the impact of food allergy and improving the quality of life for the over 3 million Canadians, including yourself, living with this medical condition.
- Ask them to commit to supporting the National Food Allergy Action Plan.
- If a candidate wants to speak to you further and learn more about the National Food Allergy Action Plan, we would be happy to join you in a call. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download our talking tips sheet for additional talking points.
Where to meet your candidate
Meet with your local candidate virtually, at your door, at local speaking events, or at public debates. Due to COVID-19, many of these events may be virtual. Find out below how to find your federal candidate.
For any questions you may have on our #FoodAllergyVotes campaign, or the National Food Allergy Action Plan, contact us at email@example.com, or call 1 866 785-5660.